Friday, August 20, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Facebook Photos Experiment

Hey guys. Thanks for joining up and reading.

One aspect of this blog for me is to give myself a kick in the pants to start writing short fiction again (the "Wild Hunt" stories were my last). My goal is to write and post a new short story every two weeks.

So, to that end, I'm announcing the Facebook Photos Experiment.

Here's how it works:

1) You send me a link to some random picture out of one of your photo albums.

It could be something like this:



Or this:



Or this:



Whatever. It can be anything, so long as it's from YOUR photo album and not one of your friends (I don't want to get sued).

2) I write a story inspired by the photo.

The stories will NOT be about you, but rather be simply inspired by the image itself. If you're worried about privacy, I won't link to your FB profile or anything like that, and if you prefer I will not put your name in the caption.

I would say this is like a contest, but the only prize you get is a story inspired by your photo that will probably be too fucked up to show to your mother.

Should be fun!

3 comments:

  1. Here's one for you, Scotty. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1889813&l=2ddeb6dda2&id=532689448

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=1571815&fbid=40709426850&op=9&o=global&view=global&subj=644556850&id=644556850

    ReplyDelete